Theme: PenguinsLetter: A
Number: 1
Color: Blue
Shape: Circle
We kicked off our first week of preschool already having to tweak things a little. We took an unexpected quick trip down to Utah so that I could visit my Grandpa Moldenhauer. So we ended up shuffling some of our plans around and not doing all that I had planned but it all went well.
We painted with apple stamps!
Jacob had to sort out all of the blue pom poms!
We learned that pom poms are also about the most entertaining toy ever created - next year for Christmas I am simply going to buy a giant bag of pom poms and Jacob and Sarah will be in pom pom heaven!
Penguin Counting - we talked about how penguin eat fish and Jacob had to put the right amount of fish on each of the penguins. This was a hit!
We did a little experiment with blubber. We talked about how penguins have blubber so that they can stay warm. So I filled two separate baggies with vegetable oil and put them inside another baggie. I then filled a bowl with ice water and Jacob put one hand in between the baggies of oil and the other hand by itself. Jacob thought this was the greatest thing ever! He thought it was so cool that his hand wasn't cold - with the "blubber"!
Penguins made with circles!
It was a great week and we had a lot of fun! Jacob loved learning more about penguins and having time every day to do "fun things". Can't wait to keep going!
No comments:
Post a Comment